The Complete React on Rails Course
Request early access now
Learn how to use React.js with Ruby on Rails in this comprehensive courseRequest access now
A message from the course creator NEW
After teaching thousands of developers how to use React with Rails through this course, I'm redesigning the course from the ground up.
Like the original course, the new version is going to be hands-on but even sharper and more practical.
It's designed around building a complete real-world application - an Eventbrite clone - that will cover most of the concepts you will encounter in your job.
The course material will be based on the latest versions of Rails (6+) and React (16+).
You have more questions than answers now.
Which gem should I use for integrating React in a Rails app?
Can I still use the asset pipeline?
Do I need to use Browserify or Webpack?
Do I need to make an API to use React?
It's too confusing, so you give up.
Introducing The Complete React on Rails Course
"The course is very comprehensive and Hrishi is excellent at explaining everything in great detail. It starts with a simple Rails app which you migrate into React components, which gives you a great understanding of how much better a React approach is. I came into the course feeling overwhelmed by the React ecosystem, but I'm now feeling confident in my ability to move RankTracker's Rails views into React components."
This course will teach you how you can incorporate React into your Rails apps, starting from a very simple single page app gradually to a more complex application. You'll learn all about the different ways you can use React with Rails and at the end of the course, be able to choose the best option for your needs.
"The course is wonderful, it's put together very well and helps both with understanding the theoretical concepts as well as their practical implementation. I've learned a lot from it and would recommend it to anyone, both seasoned developers and people who are just starting out."
But why is learning React so important for a Rails developer?
- Web UIs have matured a lot over the last decade. We're doing more complex things to build better user experiences on the web. jQuery has served well but even a medium-sized project can now quickly turn into the Flying Spaghetti Monster. React offers a simple yet powerful alternative to spaghetti code.
- Even if React itself is replaced by something else, the concept of reactive UI - UI as functional components is here to stay. So it'll help you a great deal to learn to use it.
- In many ways React is to the modern frontend, what Rails is to the backend - there are many alternatives, but React has the best combination of simplicity, power and popularity to make it a great choice.
- There's a huge and growing market demand for React developers. Many companies are moving their frontend away from plain Rails templates and jQuery over to React, so learning React would give you a unique advantage over others vying for the same jobs.
- Once you learn to use React with Rails, you can also use React Native to build mobile apps for the same API. This way, your investment in learning React gives you the chance to easily build cross-platform apps.
What are we going to build?
We'll start with a simple calendar appointments app and gradually build up a clone of Eventbrite - an events web app.
We'll build both sides of the product - for the event creator and the event attendees.
The React on Rails course takes a hands-on approach to teach you how to confidently start using React in your Rails projects. It includes video lessons and text explanations of all the important aspects of using React with Rails.
As you follow along the course, you will build a real application as a project to make sure you thoroughly understand everything. You will get full access to the project code. You'll also get direct access to the teacher and the community of students for asking any questions and getting all the help you need.
What You'll Get With This Course
- Lifetime access to well-structured text and video lessons
- Full access to well-structured Git repositories of project code
- Access to discussion forum for getting help from the teacher and other students
"Before stumbling upon Hrishi's Complete React on Rails course, I had been browsing for numerous articles, and youtube videos on how to learn React. My approach was to learn how to use the React library itself, and then eventually figure out how to implement it into a Rails project. I decided to pick this course because it is project based. It encompassed everything from implementation, testing, to deployment using Heroku. Hrishi does an excellent job at conveying the principles used in React. Each lesson gave me great confidence with each new concept that was introduced; there was an explanation of what we were doing and why it is done this way. If you want to learn how to use React with Rails, this course is a must. One of the best tutorials since taking Michael Hartl's Rails Tutorial. The best part of this course so far has been incrementally building the application, and then deploying it. One of the biggest concepts I've learned is how to build a component based application. For a beginner, it makes development less daunting, and easier to grasp, but overall it makes application development so much simpler. This course is helping to build my own personal website using React and Rails, and ultimately getting a job as a developer."
IMPORTANT: Please note that this is a pre-order and the content is not ready yet.
New lessons will be published weekly, so please be patient.
Basic Starter Pack$39
- Build: A simple appointments app
- Basics of React
- How to start using React with Rails
- Deploy your first app to Heroku
- Everything in the Basic Pack plus:
- Build: Eventbrite clone
- Forms - validation, nesting
- Rails API + React
- React Router
- Deploy to AWS/Digital Ocean
Limited Offer available for pre-order now! Enrol below.
The Complete Pack$249
- Everything in the Professional Pack plus:
- Build: Eventbrite clone with payments
- Server Side Rendering
- Stripe integration
- Download videos for offline use
- 1-hour private Q&A call
Request early access now
Coupon code SEP2019 applied.
About the instructor
He has more than a decade of experience building software using a number of different technologies. He has worked for organisations ranging from tiny startups to large governmental departments. He is also the author of the R Graphs Cookbook.